Get Lifetime Access Today For Just:
Pebble beaches are one of those things that can be done incredibly well or incredibly badly! I have messed about with various techniques over the years for portraying pebble beaches - some worked, some didn't. Today however I am going to show you as near a full proof technique (or is that fool-proof?) you can get in watercolour.
This technique delivers on many levels but in my opinion the most important benefit of this technique is that it leaves no room for fiddling - you just can't because more or less everything is left to the gods of watercolour! Just the way it should be!
So if you went and dug out your little tiny brushes this morning and set aside 3-4 days for this workshop then you are in for a really lovely surprise as I am going to show you how to paint 33,782 pebbles (give or take a few..) in just under an hour!
Below is a list of the materials I used to produce this workshop painting. Please note I am not suggesting you go out and buy all this but it may be helpful as a guide when you are sorting out your materials and getting ready to paint.
- Eyes, Ears & Open-Mind!
- 1 x Sheets of Watercolour Paper (I used Bockingford 425gsm ROUGH 1/4 Imperial [38 x 28cm])
- Masking Fluid Fine Liner
- Squirrel Hair Mop (Size 6)
- 2" Flat Brush
- Detailer Brush
- Swordliner Brush
- Razor Blade
- Oil Pastels: Naples Yellow, Yellow Ochre, White
- Black Felt Tip Pen
- Suggested Watercolours (I use Daniel Smith Extra Fine Watercolours): Naples Yellow, Quinacridone Gold, Yellow Ochre, Bloodstone Genuine, Burnt Sienna, Burnt Umber, Carbazole Violet (sub'Winsor or Dioxazine Violet), Isoindoline Yellow (sub' Cadmium Orange), Cadmium Red, Cobalt Teal Blue (sub' Cobalt Turquoise), Indigo
- Suggested Watercolours (I use Daniel Smith Extra Fine Watercolours): Naples Yellow, Bloodstone Genuine, Indigo, Carbazole Violet (sub' Dioxazine/Winsor Violet), Paynes Grey, Isoindoline Yellow (sub' Cadmium Orange), Cobalt Teal Blue
- Extra Bits'n'Bobs: Spray Diffuser, Sponge, Kitchen Roll, Tea Towel
If you are short on anything and you really want to use the same as me then it may be helpful to know that you can purchase all of the above supplies on my website at a discount.
Just visit: https://greghoward.gallery/art-materials/
Everyone purchasing a workshop is automatically added to my VIP Artist's list - don't worry it's FREE! My VIP Artist's receive monthly(ish) updates on new workshops & courses as well as some very special offers.
Plus receive a welcome email from me with a discount code that will give you 10% off your first art supplies order. 😉👍
(Please note you may unsubscribe at any point - I promise I won't take it personally!)
£80.00Watercolour Landscape Workshop Bundle #1Get this workshop and three more beautiful, atmospheric watercolour seascapes to paint as part of this fantastic value watercolour workshop bundle. PLUS SAVE YOURSELF £25.00!
£297.00Watercolour Seascape Mastery [Y1:EG]A six week course that will help you take your watercolour seascapes from washout to wow!
£547.00Watercolour Mastery BundleWant it all? Get both my Watercolour Landscape Mastery & my Watercolour Seascape Mastery courses in this fantastic bundle! That's 18 weeks of high quality video on demand online watercolour painting tuition. 40+ video lessons, 9 full length workshops, access to members only private Facebook group, discounted art supplies for life & more!.. All for just £547! Giving you a whopping saving of £100!!